Chickenpox is a highly contagious viral disease caused by the
varicella-zoster virus. Someone with chickenpox will usually have a
high temperature and an itchy rash with red blisters. It is a
common disease and mostly affects children.
1. If someone has chickenpox, make sure they are
2. Give them plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
3. You can give the casualty the recommended dose of paracetamol
for an adult or the recommended dose of paracetamol syrup for a
4. If the blisters are very itchy, ask a pharmacist for advice
about creams and antihistamines that can be used to help.
5. To prevent the casualty from itching, you can:
6. Monitor their level of response until they recover.
7. Seek medical advice, if:
First aid at your fingertips
With thousands of training courses across the country, be the
difference between a life lost and a life saved and book now.