Facebook competition terms and conditions
1. St John Ambulance (registered company no. 3866129) of 27 St
John’s Lane, London EC1M 4DA ("SJA") is the promoter of this free
competition. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all persons who
comment correctly on the specified Facebook post on SJA’s Facebook
page, before the stipulated closing deadline, will be entered into
a free competition to win the prize detailed in the Post.
2. All entrants must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents
aged 18 or over. SJA reserves the right to verify the eligibility
3. Entrants into the competition shall be deemed to have
accepted these terms and conditions.
4. The competition will commence at 9.30am on 6 May 2018 and all
entries must be received by 9.30am on 13 May 2018. SJA accepts no
responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or
corrupted or which fail to reach SJA by the relevant closing date
for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries
via agents or third parties are invalid.
5. SJA reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend
the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient
6. To enter, entrants must correctly answer the question posed,
in the ‘comments’ section of the post requesting first aid kit
competition entries on SJA’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SJA
7. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no
entrant may win more than one prize.
8. No purchase is necessary; it is free to enter this
9. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants SJA permission to
use their name, town and county of residence for the sole purpose
of identifying them as the author of their entry and/or as a winner
of the competition.
10. SJA will comply with the EU General Data Protection
Regulation 2016/679 and will not use entrants’ personal data for
any purpose which the entrant has not consented to. SJA will not
pass any entrant’s details to a third party unless it has the
entrant’s express permission to do so.
11. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the
use of the personal information they provide by SJA solely for the
purposes of the administration of this competition. Once the
competition has closed and each prize has been delivered, SJA will
destroy all personal data that is held on the entrants.
12. A total of 10 winners will be selected at random.
13. The winners will be the owners of the Facebook accounts from
which the correct answers, as selected at random by the SJA Social
Media Manager, are posted.
14. The winners will be announced on the SJA Facebook page no
later than 16 May 2018.
15. The prize for each winner will be one first aid kit.
16. The 10 winners will be contacted by the SJA Social Media
Manager via a reply to their comment containing the competition
entry, and subsequently a direct message thread will be set-up to
arrange prize delivery.
17. The winners will have their prize posted to them within 30
days of the announcement of the winners.
18. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit
alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer.
19. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of
unforeseen circumstances, SJA reserves the right to (a) substitute
alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value or (b) in
exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion
without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. SJA reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to
recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been
an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other
entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of SJA.
22. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed,
administered by or associated with Facebook. By participating,
entrants hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all
liability associated with this competition. Entrants acknowledge
that all information and material that they submit to enter this
competition is submitted to SJA and not to Facebook, and they agree
that Facebook shall not be liable to them in any way in respect of
23. SJA accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss,
liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you
as a result of entering the competition or accepting /
participating in any prize.
24. Nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or
restricting SJA’s liability for personal injury or death caused by
the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
25. SJA reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
at any time, with the amended terms to be published in the comments
section of the competition post.
26. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or
implementation of the rules on any matter related to the
competition, the decision of SJA is final and no correspondence
will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with
the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.