Twitter competition terms and conditions
1. St John Ambulance (registered company no.
3866129) of 27 St John’s Lane, London EC1M 4DA ("SJA") is the
promoter of this free competition. Subject to these Terms and
Conditions, all persons who retweet the specified tweet on SJA’s
Twitter page, before the stipulated closing deadline, will be
entered into a free competition to win the prize detailed in the
2. All entrants must be UK and Republic of
Ireland residents aged 18 or over. SJA reserves the right to verify
the eligibility of entrants.
3. Entrants into the competition shall be
deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. The competition will commence at 11am on 29
August 2018 and all entries must be received by 11am on 1 September
2018. SJA accepts no responsibility for any entries that are
incomplete, illegible or corrupted or which fail to reach SJA by
the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not
proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are
5. SJA reserves the right in its absolute
discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received
are of insufficient quality.
6. To enter, entrants must retweet the tweet
posed, requesting competition entries on SJA’s Twitter
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to
enter will be ineligible.
8. No purchase is necessary; it is free to
enter this competition.
9. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants
SJA permission to use their name, town and county of residence for
the sole purpose of identifying them as the author of their entry
and/or as a winner of the competition.
10. SJA will comply with the EU General Data
Protection Regulation 2016/679 and will not use entrants’ personal
data for any purpose which the entrant has not consented to. SJA
will not pass any entrant’s details to a third party unless it has
the entrant’s express permission to do so.
11. By entering this competition, all entrants
consent to the use of the personal information they provide by SJA
solely for the purposes of the administration of this competition.
Once the competition has closed and each prize has been delivered,
SJA will destroy all personal data that is held on the
12. A total of 1 winners will be selected at
13. The winner will be the owner of the
Twitter account from which the retweet, as selected at random by
the SJA Social Media Manager, is posted.
14. The winner will be announced on the SJA
Twitter page no later than 5 September 2018.
15. The prize for the winner will be one
Non-Contact Baby Thermometer.
16. The winner will be contacted by the SJA
Social Media Manager via a direct Twitter message to arrange prize
17. The winner will have their prize posted to
them within 30 days of the announcement of the winner.
18. The prize is non-transferable and no cash
or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on
19. Prizes are subject to availability. In the
event of unforeseen circumstances, SJA reserves the right to (a)
substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value or (b)
in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion
without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. SJA reserves the right to refuse to honour
any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers
there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of
21. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be
awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of
22. This competition is in no way sponsored,
endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. By
participating, entrants hereby release and hold harmless Twitter
from any and all liability associated with this competition.
Entrants acknowledge that all information and material that they
submit to enter this competition is submitted to SJA and not to
Twitter, and they agree that Twitter shall not be liable to them in
any way in respect of this competition.
23. SJA accepts no responsibility for any
damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or
suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or
accepting / participating in any prize.
24. Nothing in these rules shall have the
effect of excluding or restricting SJA’s liability for personal
injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or
25. SJA reserves the right to amend these
terms and conditions at any time, with the amended terms to be
published on the Twitter thread of the competition post.
26. In the event of a dispute over
interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related
to the competition, the decision of SJA is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions are governed in
accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.