About the Role
As a certified IHCD technician (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification), you will provide compassionate, professional and high-quality patient care while responding to both emergency and non-emergency patient transport situations. To provide the best quality care to our patients and uphold our high standards, you will operate within IHCD & JRCALC guidelines as well as well as have the ability to recognise any potential safeguarding issues and report accordingly.
Our ambulance crews are proud of providing a great patient experience, so you will ensure also that your vehicle and equipment is consistently maintained to an excellent standard. You will also help mentor and act as the clinical lead for lower-skilled grades.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
As an IHCD Technician, you will have an IHCD Ambulance Technician certificate (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification, for this, you will receive over 6 weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays), a competitive salary and fantastic pension.
You must have;
- IHCD D1 & D2/ROSPA/IAM driving qualification or be able to progress to successful completion within 6 months of commencing the role
- An IHCD Ambulance Technician Certificate (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification)
- A minimum of one year experience of front-line emergency working.
If you are an experienced Paramedic, IHCD Tech, Associate Ambulance Practitioner, we would love to talk to you about joining the talented St John Ambulance team who are passionate about what we do.
St John Ambulance works at the heart of communities, providing first aid, keeping people safe at events and working alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people learn how to save a life through our training, education and youth programmes.
Over the next decade, we have bold ambitions to help transform out-of-hospital care, having a positive impact on the people we treat and the communities we serve.
We are a team of 1,600 employees and 18,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through first aid.
You will receive;
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and Wellbeing portal - Access to financial, health and wellbeing guidance and support.
- Discounts - Blue Light, NHS Discounts and SJA discounts including discounts on mobile phone, gym membership, cinema, restaurants, holidays and shopping-including your weekly food shop.
Interview Date: 17 December 2019
Application Review Date: 10 December 2019
We may review applications before the Application Review Date, however, if you apply after the Application Review Date, your application may not be considered. We will accept applications until we have successfully filled the role.
If you are a current St John Ambulance employee, please apply here: Click here
For all other candidates, or SJA volunteers wishing to apply, please click here